My Favorite Posts /
Um, yea, so, I did it. I washed my ipod shuffle. And the headphones. The headphones still work great. Sadly, I’m not having much luck with the ipod. It’s just so damn small that it fits in your pocket without you even knowing. And it was a Christmas present from my mom no less. Sorry, mom.
Most of the time, my degree in computer science only gets used as resume stuffing. Recently, all that nonsense has crept into the most mundane of my activities. My workout process is following the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), and I think just about anyone could benefit from a little SDLC too.
My Newest Posts /
Great news! My short film Jobless got accepted into the South Alabama Film Fedtival.
I think I just figured out clients–so, here goes:
Clients ask for a forest by describing a tree. When you finally produce a forest for them, they’re really just looking for that one tree that they described. The secret to making them happy is putting the tree front and center … Just be sure not to neglect the forest.
Here’s a great website about a guy who weighed 344 pounds and is dedicated to losing it and getting in shape. He’s already lost 55lbs.
I’ve suddenly become mesmerized by Talking Points Memo’s The Day in 100 Seconds. Each day, they try to sum up the news of the day by editing TV clips down to 100 seconds. If you forget the content and simply watch the video, I find it entertaining, captivating and simply terrific.
My favorite one so far is January 29, 2009. I like the off hand news commentator’s comments, “Poppycock,” “Shut your pie hole.” But my favorite part without a doubt is Blagojevich’s impeachment testimony. I find it completely enthralling when they take a single speech and cut out the empty parts of it.
Do yourself a favor and watch January 29, 2009 in 100 Seconds. I’ve watched this day over and over again.
The Lazy Manifest made me want to rediscover my lazy self. I’ve been too productive lately. (P.s. I ran a half-marathon yesterday, I’m waiting on the results to be up online before posting more.)
I couldn’t find where I posted New Year Resolutions for 2008… I know I made some, but I must have severely neglected them. Anyway, here’s what I want to do for 2009:
- Workout: I’ve done a good job of working out (weights and running) on schedule for most of 2008. I want to resolve to keep it up.
- Stretching: Yea, I’ve been lifting weights, but without stretching, it really effects my flexibility. I want to stretch every night or morning. So far, I keep forgetting to get this done. I need a really effective reminder.
- Run a half marathon: I had been aiming for one on Jan 11th, but the holidays ruined my training plan. I’m still going to give it a try though.
- Eat local: I’d love to say that I’ll only eat at local places for 2009, but I know that won’t happen. Instead, I’m going to try to eat at local places more.
- Freelance: I’m not 100% sure about this, but I think I’d like to do some freelance work in the first 3-6 months of 2009. Not the whole year though.
- 8 hours of sleep a night: I’m already failing this one, but that’s why it’s a resolution. I want to hit exactly 8 hours a night. I’m bad about skimping on sleep time.
- Be positive and scrap negatively: Anyone can point out what’s wrong with the situation; I want to start focusing on what’s right … or something like that.
- Keep up my weekly webcomic: I’ve got a good head start on this, but I’d like to hit my webcomic 100% for the entire year. Very doable.
- Blogging schedule: I’ve severely neglected my personal blog … on purpose. Now, I’m want to commit to a weekly schedule of posting. One decent post a week.
Well, there they are, my personal goals for 2009. I’m sure I will think of some others to add.
Zombies vs Vampires (dinosaur comic) is the new ninjas vs pirates. I love zombies and my wife is a big fan of vampires. This makes me happy.
What do these films have in common?
- The Royal Tenenbaums
- Lost in Translation
- Pearl Harbor
- Miss Congeniality
- Napoleon Dynamite
They’re the most polarizing films that Netflix offers. You either love them or hate them. Is it wrong that I liked Miss Congeniality?
I absolutely love tilt-shift video.